I heart faces photo challenge

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wordless Wednesday, a wedding

OK, so not so wordless. My friend's baby got married. I was sick, but had to rally. That's what friends do. It was hot, I mean really hot. We've had such cool rainy days, that when the heat finally hit, it was stifling. I'm glad I was there, these are the things that shouldn't be missed.













Not a dry eye in the room as the father daughter dance began. The words to the song, so touching, and the father up on his feet and dancing with his daughter. Grown men were sobbing. It was all I could do to focus on the couple and capture the moment.
This was a BIG family wedding. Relatives came from several states away. It's not often all the relatives get together. I think  only one was missing. My friend is one of 8 or 9 children. I lost count. Trying to do the ENTIRE family photo was a challenge.

My friend's husband has been having challenging health problems. His walking is compromised, as is his speech. He uses a wheelchair and an electric scooter.  It was amazing to see him walk his girl the down the aisle,

 


7 comments:

Leovi said...

Nice pictures. The truth, the bride is very pretty.

Melanie said...

I am applauding you my friend. YOU CAPTURED THIS SO BEAUTIFULLY. What a beautiful bride, & how touching that he walked her down the aisle, & the dancing shot.... LOVE. You rocked the "SHEISTA" out of this Tutu!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

You got some really wonderful shots. I know that they will treasure these.

Lori said...

So beautiful! I can't wait for mine!

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- you did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are beautiful!!!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful shots! Thanks for visiting my blog.
www.martinmommy.com

Katie said...

These are amazing! You captured so much joy and love at the wedding. And the bride is gorgeous! My favorite shot is the jumping one :)

Live Traffic Feed