I heart faces photo challenge

Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th

In our family, Friday the 13th is a lucky day. Can't wait to see what the day holds for me! It doesn't happen very often, so you have to go out and make something good out of it. I think I've turned the corner in the illness department. First morning I've woken up and maybe think I feel like myself! See, the 13th is a good day.

The other day I looked out the window to see the blue heron had stopped by for a visit. He's the most skitterish bird around I can barely get my camera out on the patio, before he's spooked and flies away.

I'm taking a class, working of DOF, failing miserable at deep DOF. I notice I like things shallow in photos. Oh well, I digress.




One snap of him looking for fish, and woosh, he's off. They look so prehistoric




 Little guy spent Wednesday with me. He loves to try to spray me with the hose. Now that I'm on to him, I can protect the camera. Love the devilish look on his face as he sprays away!







the long roadSummer Daze Fun Photo Party

9 comments:

Satakieli said...

You're right about hrons, they do look sort of prehistoric don't they? Especially when they fly. Great work to get a shot of him before he flew off, I'm not usually so quick with photographing wildlife!

Thanks for linking up with Summer Daze :)

Unknown said...

Aren't blue herons so big and beautiful!?

And I love these water shots, especially the last one with his cute soaked face!

Tamar SB said...

The herin is gorgeous! One landed in our yard once, we were stunned! Hope you're staying cool, I hear summer arrived!

Leovi said...

Beautiful photos with nice colors, beautiful gardener.

MixedMolly said...

He looks like he is having fun. Cute captures.

Unknown said...

Great Pictures!! :)

Unknown said...

Great Pictures!! :)

Kim Stevens said...

Yes, I love blue herons and yes they are really skitterish. The water pics are so fun!

Melanie said...

OH! How darn cute is that little laddy! Hope you're all on the mend hon... my stupid sinus "whatever" it is, IS NOT going away... AND I'm freaking out just a bit. Sorry for the ranting) Just wanted to let ya know why I've been so quiet lately. Not like me usually) xo.

Live Traffic Feed