I heart faces photo challenge

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Looking for beauty

God Bless America! Happy 4th of July. I'm one state away on a lovely lake and I don't have to look very far to find beauty. Reconnecting with old friends, the rain has left, and the sun is out. I'll make it quick.
Hoping you all have a safe 4th, and appreciate the freedoms that we have.



Who knew that the yucky crane fly could be so beautiful? Surely not me.


This guy was trying to dry out after the downpour yesterday. Normal rainfall for this area is 1/2 inch, and they've had 6 inches. Looks like sunshine from here on out, so our timing was good.


5 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

Very cool shots! Happy 4th!

Melanie said...

Hey mama! Hope your living it up over there! Wow, it looks like a gorgeous spot on the lake, & what a perfect place to spend the 4th! LOVE the the sun flare & the infamous dragon fly. I can never grab my camera quick enough)

Excited to try for some firework shots tonight. I can try my tripod out! Get back home safe lady. xo

Tamar SB said...

Enjoy your vaca and holiday!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful place to enjoy Independence Day!

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a beautiful place- Hope your holiday was a great one!

Live Traffic Feed