I heart faces photo challenge

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Up up and away! Wordless Wednesday

I just returned from four wonderful days on a girls get away. We have nicknamed ourselves the "island grannies" based on our last get away, but this time we were "island grannies go southwest"

It was something I had always wanted to do, and let me just say it did not disappoint.

The Albuqurque Balloon Festival is a phenomenal event, one that you should try to squeeze in someday if you can. It's extrmemly organized, and a sight to behold.

I took over 500 photos, so excuse me if I had a hard time editing which ones to share. I have MANY that I love!









We went on Saturday night, for the afterglow. As the sun goes down, the balloons fire up and there is a lovely glow all around the field. The weather was tempermental, winds were messing with the balloons, and the Saturday morning ascent was cancelled.

At dark o thirty, we hit the floor running, and caught a bus Sunday morning to watch the balloon acend.  I'm so glad the weather cooperated. It was amazing. As the sun was coming up, the balloon started a leisurly rise into the atmosphere. The brighter the sun, the more beautiful the balloons. It was a special time, one I won't soon forget.
Nurture Photography Autumn 2012 Photo Challenge

Linking up with Alicia for wordless Wednesday

8 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are stunning!! I would love to see an event like this! So glad you had such a great time!

Becky said...

Oh WOW!!! If I wasn't at the beach right now I'd be extremely jealous of you!!! I so want to go to this someday! Gorgeous images!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.
Here is my blog post bache a bulle ronde

Danica Bridges-Martin said...

What a great event, I bet it was spectacular to watch! :) Danica

edenhills said...

Beautiful pictures! Some of the balloons are quite unusual.

Emily S said...

Very cool! Glad you were able to finally make it!

Danelle said...

Oh my gosh! This is awesome. My brother lives there now, so I have a great excuse to go!

Melanie Fee said...

OHHHHH HEAVEN in deed! What a fun trip lady. Really beautiful shots, the colors are stunning! Gosh, feels goo to hop back over to bloggy land for a sec.

Live Traffic Feed