I heart faces photo challenge

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Joy

Easter is such a wonderful holiday.  The grass is green, the flowers are in bloom, it's a sign that new life is going to happen.  As a child it was the one time of the year that we would get new clothes.  A dress, shiny shoes, and usually a hat.  Mark thinks I'm nuts, but I love to sit in church and watch the little girls in their Easter finery.
When Lucy was little, it was a big deal to get an "Easter outfit".  This year we went to the early church service as requested to make room for guests.  Church was wonderful.  Everything an Easter service should be.  I got to sit with my grandsons, one who fell asleep on my shoulder....one who sat like a perfect angel coloring a resurrection picture.
After Church we headed to the Hacienda for brunch....All the Atwood, Borde, Shaw, Spencer clan would be together for a meal and fingers were crossed for an egg hunt out on the farm.











The weather cooperated and rain held off long enough for Ty to cover the property and find all 16 eggs, and 4 plastic eggs with coins inside. 

1 comment:

R and R's Grandparents said...

Happy Easter!! I know that "April showers bring May flowers," but it's getting ridiculous!

Loved the shot of Chris, Teak, and Luke--do I see a hint of red in Teak's hair, or was it just the lighting?

Live Traffic Feed