I heart faces photo challenge

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring equinox

Today is officially the first day of spring. Hard to tell here, as the rain is drizzling down my window, and the chill is in the air.  To take my mind off of this unpleasant weather, I want to  post blooms that I caught during a few sun breaks.

Linking up with the following blogs for a little fun

and
 then, she {snapped}
Sweet Shot Day









I was so excited to check the blog roll this morning and see someone who's photography and insight has always brightened my day. In honor of Becky at Shaking the tree, I did my very first photo shop edit. I'm trying to learn, and taking a mini class from Kim Klassen. Hopefully I will get over my fear of photo shop and learn to tweak a little here and there!
 
Mr. & Mrs. Mallard waddled into our yard. I thought I had a lovely shot. framed with flowers, and the window grids, when much to my surprise, Kitty got a little excited seeing the ducks in the yard. Not a great photo, but it makes me laugh. Once the ducks saw the cat, they waddled off and away.




This little duck came by for a visit, and nothing screams spring quite like a ducking!




 
The weatherman is toying with us. Promises of sunshine for the weekend. Oh, please let it be so...just a day or two here and there, makes all the difference.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

These shots are STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Beautiful flowers- spring has definitely arrived. What a little cutie pie too!

Thanks for the link to that other blog. I had actually found that one before & had it in my favs already, but had not visited in a while. You are right- stunning food photos.

Sharon said...

Breathtaking photos. I read that you are new to photoshop, but you certainly appear to be an experienced photographer! Lovely!

Melanie said...

These pics are stunning MG. Love the 1st shot bunches, but baby duck takes the cake!

...melody... said...

Beautiful pictures! Love all the flowers. :)

Carmen and Rachelle said...

Your photos are amazing! I love that first series of the tree blossoms. They are so terribly beautiful!

Live Traffic Feed